Here's a sample of our volunteer opportunities:VIEW AS
The Montclair Village Association (MVA) is a Business Improvement District (B.I.D.) made up of approximately 230 retail and service businesses located in Montclair Village. The MVA was previously known as the Montclair Business Association (MBA) for over 50 years.
The MVA’s mission is to support our merchant members, and to help the Village thrive.
Five Goals of the Association are:
- To bring about the revitalization of Montclair Village and its surrounds.
- To bring investment of public and private capital to Montclair Village for public benefit and charitable purposes.
- To increase quality public improvements and educational, cultural, artistic, charitable services in Montclair for public and charitable purposes.
- To increase economic well-being of residents, employees and businesses in Montclair Village.
- To promote business in Montclair Village
In 2001 the businesses located in Montclair Village voted to become a Business Improvement District by agreeing to pay an additional assessment each year to the City of Oakland based on their gross revenue. In 2010 the Association created a new category of Associate Membership, to permit businesses located adjacent to the Village to join and enjoy the same benefits of Association membership.
The assessments paid by MVA members and Associate members are used to pay for revitalization efforts in the neighborhood commercial district, covering maintenance, beautification, promotions and security issues not supplied by City resources.
- Daniel Swafford
- (510) 339-1000
- Need admin access?