Here's a sample of our volunteer opportunities:VIEW AS
The Civil Air Patrol is the official civilian volunteer auxiliary of the United States Air Force. Our purposes are:
1. Encourage and aid citizens of the United States in contributing their efforts, services, and resources in developing aviation and in maintaining air supremacy.
2. Encourage and develop by example the voluntary contribution of private citizens to the public welfare.
3. To provide aviation education and training especially to its senior and cadet members.
4. To encourage and foster civil aviation in local communities.
5. To provide an organization of private citizens with adequate facilities to assist in meeting local and national emergencies.
6. To assist the Department of the Air Force in fulfilling its non-combat programs and missions.
The Civil Air Patrol is an organzation focusing on emergency services (such as search and rescue, disaster relief, and homeland security), youth leadership development, and aerospace education.
The CAP is the official civilian auxiliary of the U.S. Air Force but is completely volunteer in nature.