Here's a sample of our volunteer opportunities:VIEW AS
The mission of Vets 76 is to assist veterans, their families and the widows and orphans of deceased veterans in their time of need. Additionally, to provide care, and assistance to veterans, to carry on programs to perpetuate the health and welbeing of all veterans and their families in their transition from military life. Finally, to sponsor or participate in activities of a patriotic nature that will educate the public about the experiences of our nation’s veterans.
VETS 76 has established an extended 5-year plan with a long range goal via a holistic methodologies that include-mind, body, and soul as Follows:
Year one by June 2014
- Partnered and collaborating with a number of other nonprofit veteran organizations with in the City of Milwaukee for veteran services.
- Purchasing and rehabbing city owned homes and reselling at a reduced rates to veterans in clusters throughout the city called "Vet Village".
- Traditional clinical services such as family counseling, substance abuse, peer to peer.
- Non-traditional mental health services will include participation in the performing arts as well as storytelling through writing, poetry, and visual arts such as painting and photography.
- Purchase and rehabbing of our neighboring building for use of as a "Day Room" with classroom and offices spaces for individual and family counseling. This building will serve as a safe haven for veterans can debrief with other veterans is a social non-judgmental environment. This building will also be used to serve meal to veterans and their families who are just too poor to make ends meet as well as those homeless veterans who simply need food and shelter.
- Craig Hedgley
- Need admin access?
Do you work for this organization?
Request administrator status and update its information!