Astar Education Institute
- Children & Youth
- Education & Literacy
- Homeless & Housing
Location7864 Donegan DriveManassas, VA 20109 United States
Our mission is to empower, enlighten, and educate a diverse community of learners through language and culture. Astar’s unique approach seeks to prepare its multi-cultural students for the challenges of an ever-changing global society. For some, this may mean basic literacy and workforce development services and for others, an opportunity to experience a world outside of the classroom through internships, employment and community service here in the United States.
The Astar Education institute is a 501 (c) (3) non-profit organization developed by the Forte International Exchange Association. Since 1999, Forte and Astar have provided nearly 4,000 students from all over the world the opportunity to study in the United States. Our service is not limited to bringing students to the United States. Our top priority is ensuring that our students are successful and have a positive experience. We screen our students to ensure their academic success and ability to adjust to a foreign culture. Students are then placed with supportive host families. Throughout the application process and their stay in the US, we support the students and verify that they are appropriately accommodated.
The goals of Astar Education Institute are to promote the effective learning of English as well as to create, through language and culture, a community of learners prepared to meet the challenges of a global society.
In order to achieve these goals, the Astar Institute Language Department has developed the following objectives:
- Deliver instruction in English for students to meet their communicative, academic and professional needs
- Train instructors to facilitate the effective learning of English
- Prepare instructors and students to communicate effectively with each other inside and outside of the classroom
- Provide the instructors with the opportunity for professional growth and continuing excellence to ensure quality instruction
- Prepare students for college through test preparation, academic counseling, and career planning
- Conduct research and development activities which support the goals of the language department
- Educate students on the virtues of a trans-cultural global community
- Encourage collaboration with other institutions, such as governmental, civic, business, and industrial, to enhance the role of education in the community at large
- Provide a range of academic support services to students, and specialized support for nontraditional and special-population students
- Provide to students a range of instructional resources to complement traditional classroom education