Here's a sample of our volunteer opportunities:VIEW AS
Seattle Parks and Recreation provides welcoming and safe opportunities to play, learn, contemplate and build community, and promotes responsible stewardship of the land.
Our Goals & Priorities
At Seattle Parks and Recreation, we are committed to providing opportunities to be active, engage in the outdoors and build community. Through the Good Food program we are able to provide coordinated opportunities that link all of these things.
Good Food program is a hub of activities that are relevant and timely for every community in Seattle; access to healthy food, opportunities for active recreation, and environmental awareness.
Good Food program supports Parks’ Strategic Action Plan, Healthy Parks, Healthy You and Race & Social Justice Initiatives.
Good Food Program Goals
- Encourage healthy and active lifestyles
- Steward parklands for long-term sustainability
- Support the local food system to build community
- Increase environmental stewardship through food system programs
Good Food Program Priorities
- Provide access to healthy food and active recreation opportunities
- Community stewardship of parkland used for food production
- Provide coordinated recreation and learning opportunities focused on the Urban Food System
- Outreach and engagement of youth, seniors and underserved communities
Do you work for this organization?
Request administrator status and update its information!