Here's a sample of our volunteer opportunities:VIEW AS
Maryland Fund For Horses, Inc.'s mission is to improve the welfare of equines in Maryland via
- Direct welfare programs such as gelding clinics and vouchers for necessary care available to horse owners in financial need.
- Programs to educate horse owners about responsible horse ownership, particularly new and prospective owners.
- Programs to support Maryland's licensed horse rescues, including trade show booth space donations, free ads for adoptable horses via our website, and a Tack and Blanket bank.
- Collaboration among all aspects of the MD equine industry to develop creative solutions to horse welfare issues.
- Programs to promote education about responsible stewardship of equine-use land
Maryland Fund For Horses, Inc. is an all-volunteer, state-wide organization dedicated to promoting equine welfare in Maryland. Our slogan is "Doing the Right Thing for Maryland's Equines." We help horses and horse owners in need, and we help other orgnizations whose purpose is to help horses.
We believe that one of the best ways to make permanent improvement in horse welfare is to educate the people who own and care for equines. We sponsor Maryland Responsible Horse Ownership Week during Preakness Week, to raise awareness of horse welfare for all types of equines.
We are developing a series of youth lessons about responsible horse ownership. Our network of equine experts are available for lectures, panel discussions and webinars on current topics affecting horse health and welfare.
MFFH funds and administers the Maryland is Good to Geld program, and the Equine Health Care Rebate program to assist individuals who need financial assistance to provide necessary health care for their horses.
MFFH, in partnership with A Home For Every Horse and Equine.com provides licensed rescues with free on-line ads for adoptable horses on Equine.com, the largest online database of horses for sale.
Do you work for this organization?
Request administrator status and update its information!