Here's a sample of our volunteer opportunities:VIEW AS
To provide quality care for people with life-limiting illnesses and support for their loved ones before and after death.
To be the premier Hospice organization providing care in the community.
Hospice Southeastern Connecticut values...
- Compassionate care that respects the uniqueness of our patients and their families and enhances the quality of their life.
- An interdisciplinary team of experts that offers medical care, pain management, spiritual and psychosocial suport for a patient's daily needs and advocacy.
- A team of vounteers trained in the philosophy of Hospice care.
- Care at home and across all settings.
- Bereavement support for all members of our community.
- Support for the dignity of everyone involved in our care.
- Responsible management of finite resources to provide for the future ability to fulfill our mission.
- A strong local community presence.
A Philosophy of Care
When people learn they have a limited life expectancy, what to do and where to turn become overwhelming decisions. At a time when the world seems upside down, Hospice Southeastern Connecticut steps in and wraps patients and families in a circle of care. Patients receive care in their own homes or a setting of choice surrounded by loved ones. Hope and comfort replace fear and anxiety. Hospice care is about patients and families achieving goals, having choices and living well.
Keeping Life Meaningful
Living as fully as possible until the time of death is the philosophy of care at the heart of every hospice program. Hospice care is holistic. Experts in pain and symptom control, our nurses work closely with the physician to keep patients pain free and alert. Equally important, our interdisciplinary team nurtures and supports the emotional and spiritual needs of our patients and families.
Knowing What to Expect
Throughout the illness, our patients and families know what to expect. Hospice staff provide a steady flow of information and are readily available to answer questions and address concerns as they arise. There are no surprises.
Who Refers to Hospice
Patients come to us through referrals from physicians, families, friends and clergy. We encourage patients and families to call and find out if hospice care is right for them. All too often we hear, "I wish we had known about hospice sooner, your care made such a difference." We are always available to answer questions and provide information. The sooner we can be involved, the more help and assistance we can provide during such difficult times.
Hospice Southeastern Connecticut is
- An affiliate of The William W. Backus Hospital in Norwich and the Lawrence & Memorial Hospital in New London Connecticut.
- Licensed by the State of Connecticut, Department of Health Services as a hospice home health agency
- A Medicare and Medicaid Certified Hospice Program
- Accredited by the Community Health Accreditation Program (CHAP), the leading accrediting agency for homecare agencies
Do you work for this organization?
Request administrator status and update its information!