Here's a sample of our volunteer opportunities:VIEW AS
The mission of AWARE is to prevent child abuse and domestic violence through education, training, and mentoring of high risk populations. AWARE is dedicated to working with community agencies.
Aware Central Texas focuses on three levels of prevention:
- Primary Prevention - where abuse has not been identified.
- Secondary Prevention - focuses on underserved and at-risk families.
- Tertiary Prevention - where abused has been identified.
To reduce child abuse and domestic violence in Central Texas using the following strategies:
- Create awareness in the communities of Central Texas and beyond
- Educate the community about child abuse and domestic violence.
- Provide volunteer family coaches to at-risk families
- Provide parenting, anger management, and mood/stress management classes
- Provide anti-victimization (anti-bullying) training in schools and the community
- Nancy Jane Holder
- Need admin access?