Here's a sample of our volunteer opportunities:VIEW AS
- Advocate for greater recreational trail access with public and private land owners and managers
- Build, maintain, & preserve sustainable natural surface multi-use trails
- Educate the public on sustainable trail building, trail maintenance, and riding safety
- Partner with the community to promote youth cycling
- Hold social events and races for the enjoyment of off-road cyclists and stakeholders
Our Vision is to establish the greater Houston area as the best large urban city for off-road cycling.
GHORBA builds, maintains, and helps open new, sustainable, multi-use natural surface trails in the greater Houston area.
Trails are developed in partnership with federal, state, and local government authorities utilizing volunteer labor. GHORBA developed trails are available to all non-motorized vehicles and users, including walkers, runners, hikers, and naturalists.
We partner with environmental groups and share a common goal of the preservation of natural habitat environments.
GHORBA's educational programs include the Houston Sprockids program, a community outreach program to teach mountain biking skills to underprivileged kids in the Houston area as a fun way to involve them in a healthy outdoor activity while teaching them values that will guide them through life. We also have free mountain biking skills clinics for our members and their families.