Here's a sample of our volunteer opportunities:VIEW AS
The International Center's missions are:
- To promote and support international exchange and education.
- To provide the UC San Diego community with experiences that foster global perspectives, cross-cultural competence, and appreciation for diversity.
- To support UC San Diego international students, scholars, and education abroad participants with services that enhance the quality of their intercultural experience and contribute to their academic success.
- To facilitate UC San Diego's participation in global scholarship and international educational exchange.
About the program
The International Center’s English-in-Action (EIA) tutor program matches international students, scholars and spouses with volunteer tutors to help our international visitors with conversational English language skills, simultaneously helping them to acquire a better understanding of American culture and to acclimate more quickly to their new environment. Our tutors are community members, faculty, staff, and students.
Conversation partners usually meet for 1.5 to 2 hours per week at the International Center or at another location that is convenient for both.
The EIA program is a rewarding learning experience for the international guest and volunteer, as they both gain considerable cultural insight and a deeper understanding and appreciation for diversity.
- International Center Programs
- (858) 534-0603
- Need admin access?