Here's a sample of our volunteer opportunities:VIEW AS
AEDA’s mission is to cultivate vibrant, diverse communities by creating economic opportunities. We envision thriving, sustainable neighborhoods with strong community leadership and economic justice.
AEDA’s goal is to support Asian small businesses and entrepreneurs by creating community-driven equitable development that fosters job and asset creation in low-income communities. Our activities include:
- Business Technical Assistance: providing culturally tailored technical assistance to Asian small businesses through counseling and workshops.
- Placemaking: AEDA launched and markets the Little Mekong Asian business district on St. Paul’s University Avenue to support small business, spur economic development, and to create a shared community space for arts and culture.
- Community Planning & Development: AEDA engages and collaborates with businesses and residents for land use planning, design, and redevelopment in the Little Mekong district.
- Advocay & Engagement: Small businesses and community members are mobilized to advocate for policies, resources, and practices that support immigrant and other small businesses, expand economic opportunities for low-income Twin Cities APIs, and invest in sustainable and equitable development in our communities and region.
- Commercial Development: AEDA is engaged in a public-private partnership to create an $18 million mixed-use development project that will be a hub for small businesses, early childhood education, arts and culture, and community healthcare.
Do you work for this organization?
Request administrator status and update its information!