Here's a sample of our volunteer opportunities:VIEW AS
The National Crime Prevention Council’s mission is to be the nation's leader in helping people keep themselves, their families, and their communities safe from crime. To achieve this, NCPC produces tools that communities can use to learn crime prevention strategies, engage community members, and coordinate with local agencies, including:
- Publications and teaching materials on a variety of topics
- Programs that can be implemented in communities and schools
- Local, regional, and national trainings
- Public service announcements broadcast nationwide starring McGruff the Crime Dog
- Support for a national coalition of crime prevention practitioners
NCPC was founded in 1982 to manage the National Citizens’ Crime Prevention Campaign and McGruff the Crime Dog and to administer the Crime Prevention Coalition of America. Now 25 years after McGruff’s first TV appearance, more than 75 percent of children recognize McGruff and over 4,000 law enforcement agencies own a McGruff suit. That’s a lot of people who know how to "Take A Bite Out Of Crime!"
Over the next five years, NCPC will seize opportunities to address the challenges incumbent on the nation's -- and the world's -- premier center of excellence for crime prevention. We will aggregate this work under a powerful unifying theme, Safer with McGruff.
Do you work for this organization?
Request administrator status and update its information!