Here's a sample of our volunteer opportunities:VIEW AS
The Vermont Historical Society engages both Vermonters and "Vermonters at heart" in the exploration of our state's rich heritage. Our purpose is to reach a broad audience through our outstanding collections, statewide outreach, and dynamic programming. We believe that an understanding of the past changes lives and builds better communities.
The Vermont Historical Society is...
- the only museum in Vermont where visitors experience the entire breadth of Vermont's history from the time of the Abenaki to the beginning of the 21st century; at the Pavilion Building in downtown Montpelier.
- the finest genealogical research library in the state, located at the Vermont History Center in Barre.
- centuries of Vermont-related collections, including the document that admitted Vermont to the Union (signed by Thomas Jefferson), a Revolutionary War atlas of Lake Champlain and even the shoe buckles worn by Ethan Allen!
- Vermont History Expo, a festival of entertainment, lectures and exhibits from local historical societies, museums and heritage attractions, held in even-numbered years at the Tunbridge Fair Grounds during the month of June.
- a resource for Vermont's 100,000 schoolchildren and their teachers.
- the home of the Vermont Women's History Project.
- the publisher of books and a journal about Vermont history.
Do you work for this organization?
Request administrator status and update its information!