Here's a sample of our volunteer opportunities:VIEW AS
Reduce the number of adoptable animals euthanized in county shelter and promote the humane treatment of animals through responsible pet ownership.
Strategic Focus Areas:
- Reduce the animal overpopulation through our low cost spay/neuter program. For residents of Catoosa County who are in financial need, we pay the majority of the cost of the spay/neuter at Wally’s Friends - a low cost spay/neuter clinic or at Dixie Day Spay - a low cost spay/neuter clinic that offers a program for stray and feral cats. We also work with local vets to pay a portion toward the surgery costs for pets whose owners might not be able to afford it.
- Educate the community about humane treatment of animals. We maintain a 24-Hour Help Line (706) 937-2287 and our website providing information, resources, and referrals to callers who have a wide variety of questions and needs regarding animals.
- Reduce the number of adoptable animals by county shelter by reducing the number of dogs and cats surrendered to the shelter through spay/neuter, early intervention with owners, and pulling as many adoptable dogs and cats from the shelter and putting them in our foster/adoption program.
- Help connect animals in need of homes with loving families. In 2011 we implemented a foster/adoption program. After the April 2011 tornado devastated our county, the program grew quickly. Program has continued to grow substantially to date.
- Whenever possible, assist families keep their pets in their homes through financial assistance with low cost spay/neuter, veterinary care for sick or injured animals (pre-set limit), food assistance for the animal, and resources regarding behavioral training tips if needed.
- Reconnect lost dogs and cats with their owners by networking them on our facebook and website. Also will scan the animal for a microchip if person is unable to get the animal to a vet’s office to scan.
- Tami Freedman
- Need admin access?
Do you work for this organization?
Request administrator status and update its information!