Here's a sample of our volunteer opportunities:VIEW AS
The ALS Association, Greater San Diego Chapter is dedicated to families affected by Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis (ALS and also known as Lou Gehrig's disease) through patient support, advocacy efforts, public awareness and education while enabling research for a cure and improving quality of life.
What is the ALS Association?
The ALS Association (ALSA) is the only national not-for-profit voluntary health organization dedicated solely to the fight against amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (often called Lou Gehrig's disease). The mission of The ALS Association is to find a cure for and improve living with ALS.
The Greater San Diego Chapter is the 35th of 38 chapters nationwide.
Principle Activities of the Greater San Diego Chapter
- Patient Services including Support Groups, Equipment Loans, Physician Referrals, Reference Library, Resource Guidance, Van Transportation, Patient Hotline, and more.
- Advocacy & Public Policy Efforts both locally and nationally.
- Raising funds to enable research for the cure and improve the quality of living for individuals afflicted with ALS.
- Monthly Newsletters to keep the community informed and educated on the progress and current events occurring with medical research, governmental affairs and community services involving ALS.
- Raising public awareness by education efforts through the media and community involvement.
- Renee Buel
- (858) 271-5547
- Need admin access?