Here's a sample of our volunteer opportunities:VIEW AS
Organizational Overview Call For Action, Inc. (CFA) is an international, nonprofit network of consumer hotlines founded in 1963. The organization is tax-exempt and donations are tax-deductible. Our Mission To empower consumers by giving them a voice larger than their own. Volunteer professionals in offices around the world are trained to assist consumers through mediation and education to resolve problems with businesses, government agencies, and other organizations. Our services are free and confidential and available to all individuals and small businesses.
One call connects consumers with the help they need to solve their problems.
* CFA resolves 90% of all cases.
* Over 1,200 volunteer professionals donate over 300,000 hours a year to help consumers in need.
* Annually, CFA saves consumers over $30 million in lost goods, services, and refunds.
* Every day, CFA’s radio and television partners broadcast to over 40 million people worldwide.
* CFA assists individuals and small businesses victimized by fraud.
How Does it Work?
When a consumer contacts CFA, a volunteer listens as the problem is described - that volunteer now "owns" the case until a resolution is secured. The volunteer will contact the company or agency directly to promote dispute resolution. CFA works cooperatively with State and Federal agencies to help track and combat scams.
Each Call For Action office is associated with a local broadcast station that provides working space, supplies, and over-the-air promotion of CFA services. This cooperation strengthens our connection to the community, and gives our volunteers clout when working on consumers’ behalf. Information collected by CFA on trends and new frauds affecting consumers is used by our broadcaster partners to prepare news reports.