Here's a sample of our volunteer opportunities:VIEW AS
Our mission is to rescue, offer sanctuary, and find permanent homes for abandoned, stray and surrendered dogs in order to minimize the needless euthanizing of animals. Our vision is to make the right connections between our rescued dogs and families in order to give our dogs their final, happy, loving homes. TLC strives to be a valuable resource to our community by working with struggling dog owners and by providing education on responsible dog ownership including the importance of spaying/neutering, behavior training, and microchip implanting.
Founded in May 2013, To Love a Canine Rescue, Inc. (TLC) is a non-profit, all-breed, foster-based, dog rescue based in Chester County, PA. We have, successfully, placed 1,600 dogs in loving "furever" families.
- All dogs receive veterinary care including, but not limited to vaccination, spay/neuter, testing for heartworm & tick-borne diseases, heartworm & flea/tick preventatives, and deworming as appropriate for their age. Dogs are microchipped and registered to the adopter, with TLC permanently listed as a back-up contact, prior to adoption
- TLC has 2, certified, dog trainers who provide ongoing support to adopters & fosters/volunteers
- TLC partners with other nonprofits to identify dogs to be trained as service dogs. Adoption fees are waived when a TLC dog is selected for training by a partner organization
- TLC’s Mini Paws junior volunteer program is designed to train children, 4-18, in proper animal care and instill a love of community service
- TLC works with local schools, camps, churches & scout troops to provide education on responsible pet ownership and safe dog handling, as well as to perform donation drives to collect books/clothes/food/supplies for community organizations & veterans’ groups
- TLC is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization registered as a charity in the state of Pennsylvania
- Named Top-Rated Nonprofit by Great Nonprofits 2016 & 2017
- April Robinson
- Need admin access?