Here's a sample of our volunteer opportunities:VIEW AS
The Victim Center
Our Mission is to Provide:
- prevention education services to help community members avoid victimization;
- 24-hour crisis intervention to assist victims immediately following trauma;
- couseling for those who have been victimized;
- support to victims and interfacing with the police, criminal justice system, and medical personnel.
The Victim Center was established in 1976 as a grass-roots Rape Crisis Center. It is now a nonprofit, United Way agency who serves men, women, and children who have been victims of a violent or sexual crimes. All services are confidential and free-of-charge.
The Victim Center provides services to victims of:
- robbery, aggravated assault, and stalking
- rape and sexual assault
- child sexual abuse
- family violence
- adult survivors of child sexual abuse
- survivors of DWI crashes or homicide
- secondary victims