Here's a sample of our volunteer opportunities:VIEW AS
We are passionate advocates devoted to providing homes for people in need and access to resources to create sustainable communities.
At Community Housing Network we believe it is possible to end homelessness. We are making a difference one family at a time - securing permanent solutions through proven strategies of prevention, housing assistance, community education and referral, advocacy and collaborative wrap around services that support families from start to finish.
- Every year 600,000 families with 1.35 million children experience homelessness in the United States.
- The average age of a homeless person is nine.
- A disproportionate number of these families have members with disabilities.
In six short years, Community Housing Network has evolved as a local leader in the creation and maintenance of quality affordable housing for the homeless and people with disabilities. In 2001, CHN began with a contract with the Oakland County Community Mental Health Authority to create and effectively manage housing resources for people with disabilities in Oakland County in three key areas:
- To address and contain the escalating cost of group home leases and to provide property management for nearly 200 homes.
- To create alternatives to group homes by generating and managing various assets.
- To create a central point where people can obtain information about affordable housing and available resources.
Since that beginning, Community Housing Network has grown dramatically and thousands of people have been served. Our history is best defined through our success stories - positive chapters in the lives of families that are marked by home ownership, quality rental housing, selection of living environments, and a celebration of firsts. Our office walls and our hearts are lined with first homes, first keys, first beds, first tears of joy - because we offer whatever it takes for as long as it takes, to navigate the difficult terrain of life. We have shown through passion and persistence - that housing is as important to homeless individuals and those with disabilities, as it is for us all .
Do you work for this organization?
Request administrator status and update its information!