Here's a sample of our volunteer opportunities:VIEW AS
Sapphire Fund's mission is to financially and logistically support the efforts of organizations contributing to the health and well-being of Philadelphia's gay, lesbian, bisexual and transgendered community.
Sapphire Fund identifies organizations that advance the GLBT community through education, advocacy, arts, cultural opportunities; HIV/AIDS research, education, prevention and treatment. Sapphire Fund raises monies to provide grants to beneficiaries selected each year from among the above-listed types of organizations.
Sapphire Fund is committed to:
- Provide funding to strengthen existing GLBT community organizations
- Provide resources and funding for new projects and organizations that are designed to have a positive impact on the GLBT community
- Promote understanding and a positive self image among the diverse cultural and ethnic elements of the local GLBT community
- Maintain an appropriately diverse portfolio of beneficiaries; assuring through due process that said beneficiaries are chosen based on financial need, mission implementation consistent with that of the Sapphire Foundation, and fair representation of various demographics found within the community
- Increase the awareness of the established philanthropic community with regard to the needs of the GLBT community.
Sapphire Fund is a volunteer organization, conceived and run by members and supporters of the Philadelphia GLBT community.
- David Schellenberg
- (267) 514-2088
- Need admin access?
Do you work for this organization?
Request administrator status and update its information!