Here's a sample of our volunteer opportunities:VIEW AS
All children have a right to be safe from criminal and sexual exploitation. Yet many families are deprived of that safety and well-being because they don't know the warning signals and they don't know where to turn when they are victimized. The Commission on Missing and Exploited Children (COMEC) provides prevention and recovery programs to protect and restore the welfare of all children in our community.
COMEC is a privately funded 501©(3) non-profit organization serving the Mid-South region. It was founded in 1984 by the Honorable Judge Kenneth Turner. COMEC implements and administers programs designed to protect the children of the Mid-South from predators of all kinds, those they might encounter in public and on the internet.
· COMEC administers the region's AMBER Alerts
· Provides technical assistance and volunteer manpower to help find missing children
· Produces child Safety IDs (fingerprinting, photo IDs and DNA collection)
· Provides in-home drug testing kits for teenagers
· Develops new programs to protect children from Internet predators.
· Provides training and technical assistance regarding missing children
· Conducts prevention/intervention programs that focus on child exploitation (truancy & drug use)
· Conducts Safety in Cyberspace, Safety Awareness and Violence Prevention seminars
· Provides speakers to organizations, businesses, schools and community groups
Do you work for this organization?
Request administrator status and update its information!