Here's a sample of our volunteer opportunities:VIEW AS
As our culture becomes progressively more saturated with media messages and images, our goal is to educate youth about the power and influence of media and its effects on our perceptions and behavior. Project SET is a nonprofit media arts organization designed to give New York City's most underserved youth the opportunity to take part in major film and television productions while learning to be critical media consumers. By coupling the experience of being on set with media literacy education, Project SET will expose youth to the everyday functions of production while connecting them to media professionals. Project SET will better equip youth to become more civically engaged and active leaders in the film and television industry.
Project SET is partnering with Frederick Douglass Academy VII in Brownsville, Brooklyn. We selected 15 youth for the first 10-week interidisciplinary program that will begin this September.Youth will:
* Become more conscious and critical of their media intake.
* Learn how to use media for socially responsible gains.
*Hear from and make connections with film and television industry professionals.
* Visit the offices of media companies.
* Work on-set of major film and television productions.
* Learn basic film and television production skills.
* Work in small groups to create and screen a media project (short film, etc.).
*Obtain pre-professional career experience for resumes and college applications.
Do you work for this organization?
Request administrator status and update its information!