Here's a sample of our volunteer opportunities:VIEW AS
Our mission is to help battered women, their children, teens and men break the cycle of violence in their lives.
The Cumbee Center to Assist Abused Persons is a non-profit agency, which provides services for abused women, their children, teens and men. All our services are 100% free and confidential.
In an attempt to accomplish our mission, we:
- offer an immediate, confidential safe place for the abused to live;
- provide a supportive environment with a strong emphasis on peer support;
- implement a self-help philosophy to enhance self-esteem and decision-making skills;
- staff 24- hour crisis line;
- provide accurate information and referrals to abused women and their children and when appropriate to their abusers;
- provide advocacy services;
- provide individual crisis, group and family counseling;
- provide follow up support and
- offer community education to increase public awareness and understanding of domestic violence.