Here's a sample of our volunteer opportunities:VIEW AS
Our mission is to support and empower domestic violence and sexual violence victims and their families by providing services, reducing the tolerance of abuse, and advocating for social change.
The Cumbee Center to Assist Abused Persons is a non-profit agency, which provides services for victims of domestic violence and sexual assault. All our services are 100% free and confidential.
In an attempt to accomplish our mission, we:
- offer an immediate, confidential safe place for the abused to live
- provide a supportive environment with a strong emphasis on peer support
- implement a self-help philosophy to enhance self-esteem and decision-making skills
- staff 24- hour crisis line
- provide accurate information and referrals to abused women and their children and when appropriate to their abusers
- provide advocacy services
- provide individual crisis, group and family counseling
- provide follow up support
- offer community education to increase public awareness and understanding of domestic violence.