Here's a sample of our volunteer opportunities:VIEW AS
Community Ministries of Rockville seeks to improve the quality of life for the most vulnerable of Montgomery County residents by providing basic services including housing,healthcare, homecare, education, and emergency assistance, with the goal of achieving and maintaining client self-sufficiency, and advocating on their behalf.
CMR is supported by twenty-one interfaith member congregations, local governments,private foundations, corporations, individual donors and the United Way/CFC.
Our services are provided through the following programs:
- Mansfield Kaseman Health Clinic
- Rockville Emergency Assistance Program (REAP): Provides help and funds to provide stop-gap help, such as rent, utility bills, transportation money, infant supplies, etc.
- Elderly Ministries (EM): helping to keep low-income people in their homes by coordinating services and providing regular visits.
- Language Outreach: teaches ESOL and citizenship
- Jefferson House--independent living for formerly homeless men in recovery
- Advocacy: Works to improve the awareness, funding and services to county and city residents living below the poverty level
- Holiday Giving: provides food baskets, presents and other support.
Do you work for this organization?
Request administrator status and update its information!