Here's a sample of our volunteer opportunities:VIEW AS
We are a nationwide network of volunteers who share one love, Our Beloved Maine Coon Cats, and One Great, Big Vision:
- to rescue abused, abandoned, surrendered and homeless Maine Coon (MC) Cats whether registered or not;
- to act as liaison between shelters, animal control and disaster agencies nationwide;
- to assist in providing appropriate medical care;
- to ensure all MC and MC Mix cats placed directly through, or into carefully screened Maine Coon Rescue (MCR) Foster Homes are spayed/neutered, up-to-date on shots, tested for FeLV/FIV;
- to provide carefully screened foster homes, if necessary prior to re-homing;
- to assist in assuring that they are placed in carefully screened forever homes;
- to share our wisdom and knowledge of this magnificent breed to assist in identifying MC/MC Mix cats that wind up in shelters;
- to educate potential adopters about the breed;
- to alert breeders that a cat from their cattery may need help;
- to network with other rescue groups and pool our resources;
- to help transport MC/MC Mix cats to their temporary foster or new forever homes;
- to network with other transport groups and pool our resources;
- to remain ever at hand, if needed, after a successful rescue has taken place;
- to assist in providing resources, education and information regarding spay/neuter, declawing, behavior problems, indoor/outdoor issues;
- to do our part to educate the public about responsible pet ownership.
Maine Coon Rescue is a 501 (C)(3) nationwide non-profit group of volunteers who rescue and re-home Maine Coon cats.
Rescue work can be challenging at times, but Maine Coon Rescue has a great support system, a wonderful, close-knit group of dedicated volunteers, and because of our work, each year more and more Maine Coons are spared euthanasia and find loving, forever, homes.
MCR pays for all vet care in foster homes, and foster parents are always part of the adoption process--we want you to feel good about the new parents too!
Do you work for this organization?
Request administrator status and update its information!