Here's a sample of our volunteer opportunities:VIEW AS
The Via Foundation helps save lives by placing automated external defibrillators in schools and communities. Our CPR training and program management solutions give communities the skills and equipment necessary to help prevent unnecessary deaths from sudden cardiac arrest.
How can AEDs in our community help SCA?
Currently, only 5 out of every 100 Americans (5%) who experience SCA survive. SCA kills more Americans each year than breast cancer, lung cancer, prostate cancer, and AIDS combined. Approximately 900 Americans die each day due to complications from SCA. In places with strong AED programs and CPR training (such as the Las Vegas casinos), survival rates jump to over 70%. Communities with strong CPR training programs place AEDs in police cars and at local parks, recreation centers, schools, and sporting fields - resulting in survival rates as high as 43%. Access to early defibrillation and knowing CPR has been proven to save lives.
What Is An AED?
- AED stands for "Automated External Defibrillator."
- It is a portable device, designed for anyone to use.
- The device uses smart technology to tell if a "shock" is needed.
- Without an AED unit on hand, a victim of sudden cardiac arrest has less than a 5 % chance of survival.
- With an AED and early defibrillation, survival can increase to 90%.
Do you work for this organization?
Request administrator status and update its information!