Here's a sample of our volunteer opportunities:VIEW AS
Our ministry exists to enrich communities through Christian care.
Our mission is to offer hope hope in our words and help in our hands through community volunteers to those in pvoerty.
Our vision is to establish centers of hope and help throughout the world ; to provide care ministry; and to promote unity among the Christian community.
Christ Central Ministries Columbia is a 501(c)3 nonprofit located in the heart of Columbia. It is one of the mission stations of Christ Central Ministries, each with their own 501(c)3. Located in an unassuming building which holds the heartbeat of many who are homeless or living on a meager income. It is the light for many who come to be fed at Christ Central. Though it is faith based ministry, it welcomes all who come through the doors. Christ Central is a sanctuary from the storm of life where a person can come to be fed physically and spiritually.
The ministry at Christ Central is multifaceted:
- A place you can have a hot nutritious meal prepared with love by volunteers from all denominations who want to share their love of mankind.
- A place where you can hear God’s word and the love He has for His people and encouragement for a brighter day.
- A staff who offers appropriate clothing for the new job a person has landed or for a spare set. Clothes which help brighten the day.
- Offering hygiene kits to assist with activities of daily living.
- An emergency food pantry for when groceries are depleted and help is needed.
- A foot clinic to assist with medical conditions of the feet and shoes which a make the daily walking around the city a little more comforting.
- Services to women with children, providing food, formula, diapers for small children.
- A place for GED preparation and testing is offered
- Multiple worship services from different churches are offered on Sunday.
- Baked goods are offered to supplement the day’s nutrition.
- The services of Benefit Bank are available to apply for benefits and use during tax season.
- Conferences and trainings are offered through the year at no cost.
- A healing ministry is held weekly for those who need and seek healing.
- It is a place where people who have been in similar life circumstances receiving services, are now volunteering their time.
- Partnering with many organizations to meet the needs of the homeless.
- Sylvia Mickens
- Need admin access?
Do you work for this organization?
Request administrator status and update its information!