Here's a sample of our volunteer opportunities:VIEW AS
"Breaking the Cycle of Abuse, One Child at a Time!"
The NETCAC offers a safe child friendly environment to children between the ages of 2-17 who have been sexually or severely physically abused or have been a witness to a violent crime. The children who come to the NETCAC are allowed to tell their stories to a trained forensic interviewer rather than talking to with several different officials, which reduces the trauma to the child.
Caring for Kids is the child abuse prevention program of the NETCAC. At CFK our mission is to provide education and support in an effort to break the cycle of abuse and neglect. We offer parent education classes and children and youth programs as well as ongoing Parents Anonymous support groups.
The NETCAC covers 8 counties and is a non-profit 501-3c organization that relies on grant funding, donations and volunteer time.
Due to the nature of our agency Volunteers must:
- be at least 18 years of age
- complete an application, background check, professional & character references
- be cleared through Criminal History and Child Abuse/ Neglect Central Registry
- complete a meeting(s) on site with various staff
- attend necessary trainings required for a particular task
- maintain strict confidentiality
- commit to atleast 6 months