Here's a sample of our volunteer opportunities:VIEW AS
The El Cajon Police Department’s Retired Senior Volunteer Patrol Program is committed to the recruitment, development, and retention of talented senior volunteers who practice their skills in a work environment which encourages participation in meaningful community service programs.
The Retired Senior Volunteer Patrol Program personnel will strive to enhance crime prevention efforts throughout the City of El Cajon by supporting community services and promoting safety through programs of crime prevention and education.
The primary functions of RSVP are:
- Enforcing handicapped parking regulations
- Conducting vacation home security checks
- Performing traffic control
- Patrolling business districts, parking lots, and school zones
- Calling and/or visiting homebound seniors (YANA Program)
- Making personal contact with business owners, patrons, residents and visitors
- Representing the police department at special events and other duties as assigned
Eligibility for the program requires:
- Applicants must be 50 years of age or older
- Must be a U.S. citizen
- Must successfully complete background investigation
- Must possess medical and automobile insurance
- Physical ability to perform all patrol related duties
- Possess a valid California Driver’s License
Participation in the program requires:
- A minimum of one six-hour shift per week
- A minimum participation commitment of one year
- Attendance at monthly training meetings
- Participation in periodic refresher training
- Participation in a two-week academy
- Compliance with all City of El Cajon, El Cajon Police Department and Retired Senior Volunteer Patrol rules and regulations
If you are interested in becoming a member of the Retired Senior Volunteer Patrol, contact PSO Randi Gold at (619) 579-3354.
- Randi Baldwin
- Need admin access?
Do you work for this organization?
Request administrator status and update its information!