Here's a sample of our volunteer opportunities:VIEW AS
Crittenton Women's Union transforms the course of low-income women's lives so that they can attain economic independence and create better futures for themselves and their families.
We accomplish this by:
- Providing safe housing, caring supports, education, and training programs;
- Innovating new programmatic designs based on research and client experience;
- Using this knowledge and experience to shape public policy and achieve social change.
- More than 300 years of combined service and support on behalf of low-income and at-risk women and their families.
- The Commonwealth's largest provider of transitional housing for homeless mothers and children; the first transitional home for domestic violence survivors in New England
- Offers the opportunity for individuals to complete their education or receive further training, encouraging them to become economically independent.
- Housing: Emergency and transitional housing; permanent housing search and placement
- Education: Alternative high school; GED; college/career counseling
- Workforce Development: Technology training; job-readiness; professional mentoring
- Family Support Services: Parenting education; health and wellness; early literacy
- Research and Advocacy: Designing innovative programming based on research; using our knowledge to inform public policy and achieve social change
- 2,000+ individuals touched by our services
- 350+ homeless families residing in our housing programs
- 300 students enrolled in our education and training programs
- 1,500 families with children receiving early education, family support skills and parenting education
- Administrative: One Washington Mall, Boston, MA 02108
- Programming: Ten Perthshire Road, Boston 02135; additional locations in Allston, Dorchester, Mattapan, and Roxbury
- 125 employees
- $10 million annual budget; 70% government, 30% private
- Jeff Swallom
- (617) 259-2900
- Need admin access?
Do you work for this organization?
Request administrator status and update its information!