Here's a sample of our volunteer opportunities:VIEW AS
The purpose of Libraries of Love is to partner with Africans to create libraries in individual schools. Through reading, students will develop a love of literature, as well as strengthen their knowledge in each curriculum subject area. Lifelong readers become lifelong learners. Therefore, the libraries will serve as bridges to a better future for the children of Uganda.
We create libraries in schools in Africa. In order to do this, we do the following:
- Collect books and computers
- Type and then apply a spine label on each book
- Place a pocket and card in each book
- Type labels with the title and author name to go on each pocket and card
- Place books in boxes and weigh them for shipping
- A local team travels to Uganda in June to: build bookshelves, sort books, place in correct library order on shelves, set up computers, organize library check-out system, train students and staff how to use a library efficiently and effectively
- Trudy Marshall
- Need admin access?
Do you work for this organization?
Request administrator status and update its information!