On The Rise is dedicated to working with women who lack a permanent and secure, psychologically and physically safe space to live and whose needs cannot be fully addressed by traditional providers.
Our goal is to offer services that enable these women to increase their sense of self-efficacy and to move off the streets. We focus on building interdependent relationships that help hold the women together, that help them sustain growth, and that support and nurture improvements in quality of life. We help women craft solutions for their individual situations and actively involve homeless and formerly homeless women in the design and implementation of our program.
Our Outreach/Safe Haven program provides tangible aid and long-term, broad-based support to women. The program is centered around our daytime Safe Haven, which:
- Provides a psychologically and physically safe space six days a week where women can begin to explore the steps they need to take to leave the streets and increase their quality of life;
- Offers long-term, broad-based support as women take these steps;
- Eases women's access of and transition into more specialized programs and eventually off the streets;
- Helps each woman rise to her full individual potential in her own way and at her own pace;
- Builds community among a diverse group of women;
- Helps women reintegrate into the larger community in meaningful ways.
We also work to build coalitions and collaborations with other agencies and the larger community through community outreach and education, and joint projects. By connecting with other providers, we are able to help women gain access to shelter and specialized services while we concentrate our resources on what we do best: building relationships with and providing support to our communityÃ¢Â Â s most disenfranchised women. Each year, 400 women have contact with On The Rise, and 150 to 200 work with us in-depth for an extended period. Since our programming began in 1996, On The Rise has helped more than 750 women find safety and discover new possibilities. What we do is different, and it works. We are innovative, we are effective, and we are accountable.