Here's a sample of our volunteer opportunities:VIEW AS
Formed in 2005 to support the arts, art education, and artful outdoor spaces in East Austin, Chula League is an East Austin 501(c)3 non-profit managed by a small, grassroots board of directors. Chula League works to ensure that the arts and public outdoor spaces play a valued role in the educational, economic, and cultural well being of East Austin neighborhoods. The purpose of Chula League is:
- To support arts and arts education
- To advocate for our children’s future through positive, productive, and meaningful mentoring relationships
- To produce and promote community events for emerging and established artists and artisans
- To enhance or preserve the beauty of public outdoor spaces through art, design, and creative activity
- To revitalize East Austin, attract visitors and promote economic growth
Chula League produces a variety of projects to achieve its mission and purpose. We have 2 main programs that occur each year.
Cherrywood Art Fair is an art-filled two-day event showcasing local artists, live music, kids activities, and great food in a free, family-friendly environment. More than 8,000 visitors stroll through the fairgrounds looking at art, listening to beautiful music, and sampling some of Austin’s finest food trailer cuisine. Since its 2002 inception, the Fair has served as a destination for discerning holiday shoppers seeking unique and artful items from Texas artists. www.cherrywoodartfair.org.
Proceeds from Cherrywood Art Fair benefit Maplewood Elementary and Chula League's Little Artist BIG ARTIST arts-mentoring program that pairs fifth graders with professional artists. Select Little Artists works are auctioned at the Cherrywood Art Fair to benefit the East Austin school art programs.