Here's a sample of our volunteer opportunities:VIEW AS
Please wait . . .
Until we end this disease, our team will work tirelessly to extend and enhance life for those with cystic fibrosis by functioning as:
- Research pioneers, blazing new trails in drug development;
- Fund-raisers, securing the money needed to support the fight against CF;
- Advocates, keeping CF a top priority in government, industry and research;
- Stewards, using your donations to help fuel the creation of new drugs;
- Caregivers, linking patients and families to specialized CF care; and
- Helping hands, offering support, information and resources.
- When the Foundation was established in 1955, children with CF rarely lived long enough to attend elementary school. Due in large part to the Foundation's aggressive investments in innovative research and comprehensive care, many people with the disease can now expect to live into their 30s, 40s and beyond.
- In 1989, CF Foundation-supported scientists discovered the defective gene that causes cystic fibrosis -- a monumental breakthrough on the road to a cure.
- The Foundation played an integral role in the development and FDA approval of five therapies that are now part of regular treatment regimens for many with CF. The Foundation has a robust pipeline of promising potential drugs that target the disease from every angle.
In 2012, the FDA approved the groundbreaking drug Kalydeco, the first drug to treat the underlying cause of CF in a small group of people with the disease. The Foundation also is supporting research that may eventually treat the root cause of the disease in all people living with CF.
BE THE FIRST TO RECOMMEND THIS ORGANIZATION!
Would you recommend Cystic Fibrosis Foundation?