Here's a sample of our volunteer opportunities:VIEW AS
Young at Heart's mission is to rescue and rehome senior dogs and cats, to educate the public on the benefits of adopting older pets and their care, to reduce the euthanasia rate for senior pets.
Young at Heart Senior Pet Adoptions is dedicated to the following goals:
- Rescuing stray and relinquished senior animals from animal shelters who have not been adopted and are scheduled to be euthanized. Young at Heart takes the animals who are considered "too old" for traditional shelters and rescues and provides them with a chance at a forever home, either with a new loving family, or through our Sanctuary Program.
- Securing a no-kill adoption center and sanctuary where rescued senior pets can be safely sheltered without the threat of euthanization until adoptive families are found for them, or where they may live out their days surrounded by the best care and love at our sanctuary.
- Providing medical care to neglected, abused and injured senior animals.
- Rehabilitating hard-to-adopt senior animals and finding them loving homes.
- Promoting the benefit of adopting older pets, and educating the public on the care of senior dogs and cats.
- Educating children and adults alike on responsible pet guardianship.
- Creating an alliance with local open-admission shelters and animal rescues to improve the adoption rate of senior pets.
Young at Heart Pet Rescue is a not-for-profit, no-kill organization dedicated to the rescue and rehoming of senior dogs and cats. Young at Heart is run by like-minded professionals who volunteer their time and resources to help save the lives of these animals. We are a 501(c) non-profit. Our Tax ID is 20-2476194.
We are a 501(c)3, not-for-profit organization dedicated to the rescue and rehoming of senior dogs and cats age 7 years old and older.
In April of 2005, Young At Heart Senior Pet Adoptions was formed to aid in the rescue and rehoming of older dogs and cats in the Chicagoland area. 100% of the animals we rescue come from open-admission shelters with high euthanasia rates for older animals. Our mission is to find a new home for every adoptable animal that comes through our door, to educate the public on the benefits of adopting older pets, and to decrease the euthanasia rate for older dogs and cats in Illinois.
Each dog or cat that we rescue receives the best veterinary care, and we do not turn away animals that need a little extra medical attention. All of our pets are vaccinated, tested for infectious diseases, microchipped, spayed/neutered, receive a geriatric screening, and most receive a dental. We also provide other treatments to enhance any senior pet’s adoptability- we have lumps removed, even if they are benign. We treat allergies, heartworm, thyroid ailments, provide prescription food. We do whatever it takes to help senior pets find their forever homes. And when their medical needs prove to be too daunting to our adoption program, there are not euthanized at Young at Heart. They find their happily ever after in one of our licensed Sanctuary Homes, where they are loved and cared for like one of the family while we provide all their medical care.
We are a non-profit 501c3 volunteer-based organization that operates with a small army of dedicated volunteers. Dogs are housed in licensed foster homes, and our cats reside in two in-store adoption areas. We receive no federal or state funding, and rely solely on the generosity of pet-lovers like you, fundraisers, and grants to support our mission and our rescued animals.
- Sandy Bacino
- Need admin access?