Here's a sample of our volunteer opportunities:VIEW AS
Action Ministries mobilizes communities to address the challenges of poverty by focusing on hunger relief, housing and education.
We envision communities in which the cycle of poverty is broken and everyone has the tools needed to reach their full potential.
Here in the CSRA we operate several programs.
* 10 families will have the ongoing opportunity to move from homelessness to self-sufficiency through our Transitional Housing program.
* 216 residents of Maxwell House in downtown Augusta will receive services through case management. 22 of those will be support through our Permanent Supportive Housing Program.
* Over 18,000 nutritious meals for disadvantaged children in the rural areas of Richmond and Columbia counties were provided this summer.
* Families on the edge or in need that do not have the mean to furnish their residence will be provided gently used furniture and hand-built beds.
* Jackets and coats for those with limited resources will be distributed.
* For those trying to obtain or keep employment with limited transportation options, bikes will be provided to aid them in their employment efforts.