Here's a sample of our volunteer opportunities:VIEW AS
One Royal Oak is the official campaign encouraging Royal Oak voters to vote "YES on Proposal A" and keep the Human Rights Ordinance on the November 5, 2013 election.
• A "YES on Proposal A" vote is a vote for fairness and equality. A "YES on Proposal A" vote keeps the nondiscrimination protections on the books.
• All Royal Oak citizens should be treated fairly and equally by the laws of our city. Voting "YES on Proposal A" on the Royal Oak nondiscrimination ordinance helps to make that true in Royal Oak.
• All hardworking people in Royal Oak should have the chance to earn a living and provide for themselves and their families without fear of being fired for reasons that have nothing to do with their job performance. A "YES on Proposal A" vote offers equal treatment to gay and transgender people who do their jobs well.
• A "YES on Proposal A" vote simply includes gay and transgender people under current employment and housing laws that already protect people based on race, religion, gender, and many other attributes.
• More than 25 cities across Michigan, including Detroit, Ann Arbor, Lansing, Ferndale, East Lansing, and Grand Rapids already have similar nondiscrimination protections. A "YES on Proposal A" vote adds Royal Oak to that list.
• The ordinance contains specific exemptions for churches and religious organizations. These exemptions allow the ordinance to be flexible enough to respect differences while meeting the requirements of the law.
• A majority of companies recognize the benefits of inclusive nondiscrimination policies in recruitment and retention of qualified employees. A "YES on Proposal A" vote will bring the remaining businesses, and local government, in line with the successful employment practices of corporate America.
If you are interested in learning more about the One Royal Oak campaign encouraging people to vote "YES on Proposal A" on the nondiscrimination ordinance, you can visit http://www.OneRoyalOak.com, find us on facebook at https://www.facebook.com/OneRoyalOak or stop by the campaign headquarters at 123 Catalpa, Royal Oak, MI 48067.
Do you work for this organization?
Request administrator status and update its information!