Here's a sample of our volunteer opportunities:VIEW AS
To reach women and girls in poor disadvantaged communities and better their lives by providing lasting change through:
- Capacity building of women to escape poverty through empowerment and education
- Addressing violence and discrimination against women
- Providing economic opportunities
- Influencing policy change to maximize opportunities and equality for women
Motivated by the desire to reach out and give back to the community, Elsie Ijorogu -Reed sought to empower the indigenous women of Delta State and support their needs and basic human rights, thus forming Delta Women. Delta Women is committed to teaching women to become socially, economically, and politically empowered. Delta Women defines empowerment as increasing the spiritual, political, social, and/or economic strength of women, thus developing confidence in one's own capacities. Empowerment can be likened to the totality of the following (or similar) capabilities:
- Having decision-making power of one's own
- Having access to information and resources to make appropriate decisions
- Having a range of options from which to make informed choices (not just yes/no or either/or.)
- Having the ability to exercise assertiveness in collective decision making
- Engaging in positive thinking regarding the ability to make changes
- Being able to learn skills to improve one's personal and/or group power
- Having the ability to change others' perceptions using democratic means
- Being involved in the never-ending and self-initiated growth process and related changes
- Increasing one's positive self-image and overcoming stigma
- Elsie Ijorogu-Reed
- Need admin access?
Do you work for this organization?
Request administrator status and update its information!