Here's a sample of our volunteer opportunities:VIEW AS
The mission of Student Advocacy, the driving force for educational success, is to ensure a meaningful school experience for each student struggling to overcome the odds through a system distinguished by
- expertise in the laws and practices of those systems serving children;
- breaking down barriers in any system that are obstacles to student success;
- extensive collaboration with other child service providers and with families;
- negotiation and use of any necessary administrative remedies;
- effecting system change through advocacy.
Student Advocacy's staff of attorneys and former teachers provide advice to parent's to help resolve school problems. We represent the child at school meetings in more difficult cases.
We develop a thorough understanding of the child's educational issues, analyze relevant legal issues, promote better communication between home and school, and advocate for school services that better meet the child's unique educational needs.
In over 90% of the cases in which we represent a child, parents report improvement in one or more of the following areas: attendance, academic progress, behavior at school, and/or attitude towards school.
- Lisa Syron
- 914 347-7039 ext. 100
- Need admin access?
Do you work for this organization?
Request administrator status and update its information!