Here's a sample of our volunteer opportunities:VIEW AS
Elachee Nature Science Center , a private, non-profit environmental education center, 1. provides interactive experiences in the Chicopee Woods Nature Preserve and elsewhere that enable students to understand that the earth and all its inhabitants are part of a complex and interdependent system; and 2. works to protect the natural resources of the Chicopee Woods watershed.
Located in the 1,400 acre Chicopee Woods Nature Preserve at Exit 16 off I-985.
- Elachee holds the deed of conservation easement for the Preserve.
- The largest contiguous conservation easement in North Georgia.
- Elachee's record of private land conservation ranks it in the top six nonprofits in Georgia.
The premier environmental education center in Georgia.
- Georgia's first and metro Atlanta's only SACS (Southern Association of Colleges and Schools) accredited nature center.
- Celebrating 27+ years of excellence in environmental education.
- 60,000 visitors in 2004 included 31,000 students (51% metro Atlanta, 33% Hall County, 16% other).
- Museum exhibitions for the public include national traveling shows as well as natural history, astronomy, and live animal exhibits.
- 12 miles of hiking trails in the Preserve.
Do you work for this organization?
Request administrator status and update its information!