Here's a sample of our volunteer opportunities:VIEW AS
The mission of the ILRC is to work with and educate immigrants, community organizations, and the legal sector to continue to build a democratic society that values diversity and the rights of all people.
The Immigrant Legal Resource Center (ILRC) is a non-profit national resource center that provides legal trainings, educational materials, and advocacy to advance immigrant rights. Founded in 1979, the mission of the ILRC is to work with and educate immigrants, community organizations, and the legal sector to continue to build a democratic society that values diversity and the rights of all people.
For Attorneys, Legal Professionals, and Advocates:
- Trainings: Throughout the year, ILRC staff attorneys provide live seminars and webinars on a wide range of topics that affect our immigrant community.
- Publications: ILRC publishes top-notch reference manuals on immigration law.
- Technical Assistance: Our unique, nation-wide consultation service called the Attorney of the Day (AOD) Program provides legal assistance on individual cases to private immigration attorneys, staff of non-profit organizations, public defenders, and others assisting immigrants.
- Community Advocacy and Outreach: ILRC assists immigrant groups in understanding immigration law and the democratic process in the United States, to enable them to advocate for fair policies in immigration, civil rights, consumer fraud, health care, community safety, and other issues that impact the daily lives of immigrant communities.
- Leadership Training: ILRC trains immigrant leaders by providing them with the skills to be more effective advocates for their communities.
On Laws, Policies, and Practice:
- Monitoring Changes in Immigration Law: ILRC attorneys are nationally-recognized experts in the fast-changing field of immigration law, and constantly keep abreast of changes in the law, so that we can keep our constituents up to date.
- Policies: ILRC conducts ongoing dialogues with immigration offices, criminal justice agencies, and government officials to ensure that systems, policies and procedures affecting immigrants are reasonable and fair.
Advocacy: ILRC advocates for changes in social systems, public perception and immigration law that recognize the contributions immigrants make to our society, respect their dignity, and ensure a workable, secure, and humane immigration system.
- Andrew Shaffer
- (415) 255-9499
- Need admin access?
Do you work for this organization?
Request administrator status and update its information!