Here's a sample of our volunteer opportunities:VIEW AS
To assist the public health department by providing quality volunteer health care professionals who can maintain services such as health, education and disease prevention during public health emergencies.
The Wayne County Medical Reserve Corps was started in March 2013. Our goal is to train and educate volunteers on how to work along side public health department staff in the event of an emergency.
Although we are a Medical Reserve Corps, there is room for all professions on our team, not just medical. We provide several volunteer opportunities throughout the year so you can volunteer as often or as little as your schedule allows.Imagine yourself participating in any of the following activities:
- Assisting with mass distribution of pharmaceuticals
- Supporting surveillance and notification efforts
- Delivering health education materials/information
- Supporting medical functional needs in a shelter or alternate care site
- Train and exercise on emergency response skills
- Distributing emergency preparedness information
- Gain additional CE/CEUs for Nurses, Physicians, EMS, and EMT.
Please visit our website at http://www.waynecounty.com/MRC for more information on how to apply to be a volunteer.