Here's a sample of our volunteer opportunities:VIEW AS
The Chicago Area Project (CAP is a private, not-for-profit organization with a distinguished history and demonstrable track record of over sixty years of work in delinquency prevention and service in disadvantaged urban neighborhoods. The original mission of CAP has not changed since its inception:
To work toward the prevention and eradication of juvenile delinquency through the development and support of affiliated local community
self-help efforts, in communities where the need is greatest
The objectives for Chicago Area Project projects and affiliated organizations include the following:
- To develop local leadership broadly representative of the communities that are being served.
- To conduct an annual community survey to assess needs and develop an action plan with a clear set of goals and objectives.
- To improve the climate for the positive development of young people by achieving such improvements as increases in educational achievement levels and vocational skills.
- To develop young people's leadership skills by involving them in youth initiated community improvement activities or in cooperative projects with adults.
- To set measurable goals and show progress in improving undesirable conditions.
- To demonstrate an ability to raise funds, manage staff, and be accountable financially and programmatically.
- To promote and inform the community about all programs.
- To develop a referral/resource network with other agencies and institutions.
- To develop and maintain all contractual record keeping documents as required.
- Kathleen Mosley
- Need admin access?
Do you work for this organization?
Request administrator status and update its information!