Here's a sample of our volunteer opportunities:VIEW AS
The Prairie Science Academy (PSA) is a 501 (c )(3) charitable organization as defined by IRS regulations and a registered non-profit organization with the State of Texas. The mission of the PSA is to search the metropolitan Houston area for grade 6-12 students in the public, private, charter, and home schools who have the desire and personal drive to become technical professionals for their career choice. Once chosen, these students will receive a highly technical training in the basics of scientific and problem-solving methodology. At the end of the five year instructional program, PSA graduates will have the ability to:
· Understand the basics of most scientific fields at the level of a sophomore in college
· Expertly analyze any problem they are trying to solve and devise workable solutions
· Create scientific knowledge on their own or in collaboration rather than simply memorize facts and applications of known solutions
· Communicate their work to any audience, whether they be scientific or community-based, through every print, media, technical, or spoken format
· Develop a philosophy of science and its uses that will benefit not only themselves, but also the communities in which they live and work.
PSA graduates will have all of these skills before their first day of college. From this point, they will be far better prepared to solve the world's technical and medical problems than their public school peers.
As our mission states, the PSA exists to search the Houston area for students who want to become scientists. We take the students in, provide advanced scientific and philosophical training that will give them a tremendous advantage over their peers.
Our students begin in the PSA workshops and seminars and move on to more formal methods of training.
- Louis La Mont
- Need admin access?
Do you work for this organization?
Request administrator status and update its information!