Here's a sample of our volunteer opportunities:VIEW AS
The Aging in New York Fund, Inc. is an independent 501(c)(3) organization dedicated to enhancing the quality of life for older New Yorkers and their families.
Seniors need more opportunities to age in place and live more connected, vibrant and healthy lives. The Fund's vital efforts to create an "age friendly New York," focus on:
- Maintaining New York City's status as the best place to grow old;
- Filling critical gaps in the aging services continuum that have been cut due to City budget deficits;
- Providing fiscal and administrative support to other NYC non-profits in their efforts to offer essential services to seniors; and,
- Being on the cutting edge of innovative senior programming.
Celebrating Our Seniors - A Walk Through Time - is a citywide fundraiser that tells the story of New York through the eyes of its longest lived citizens, our seniors. It is also a time to honor the beauty of inter-generational relationships.
Looking to the past to honor the present, the highlight of the day is the celebratory "Walk Through Time." This pre-set path highlights the New York experience one decade at a time starting with the 1940’s.
- This is an afternoon of fun, learning and remembrance for individuals, families and community organizations.
- Breaking tradition from the usual "thons," you can participate in as much or as little of the event as you like, at your own leisure.
- Enjoy oral histories, crafts, music and a labyrinth of activities that will spark the sharing of memories.
- Whether you participate as a corporation, individual or family, you can help us raise money by registering online and asking friends, colleagues and relatives to pledge money for you to complete your walk.
Do you work for this organization?
Request administrator status and update its information!