Here's a sample of our volunteer opportunities:VIEW AS
The Brandywine Volunteer Fire Department is actively looking for people in the community to become volunteer fire fighters and Emergency Medical Technicians and administrative staff . Minimum requirements:
- 16 years and older
- In good physical shape for those interested in being a volunteer fire fighter/EMT
- Complete an application which includes a background investigation and physical evaluation.
- Complete the basic training requirements and complete Firefighter I or Emergency Medical Technician-B in 18 months of becoming a member.
- Attend departmental sponsored training sessions and meetings.
- Participate in the departmental sponsored duty shift program.
- State of Maryland sponsored tax credit of $3500 for being a volunteer
- Free Fire and EMS training; through the University of Maryland's Fire and Rescue Institute
- Length of Service Awards Program (Retirement)
- Sense of community involvement
- Opportunities for advancement, both operationally and administratively.
Brandywine Volunteer Fire Department wsa organized in 1955 and proudly serves the communities of Brandywine MD with fire and emergency services free of charge to the community.
The training for volunteer fire fighters and Emergency Medical Technicians has come a long way since the inception of Brandywine VFD but we continue that tradition that was started forty five years ago.
This is an chance to give back to the community for those who think they are up to the challange of providing fire and emergency services to an ever expanding community in Prince George's County.
Do you work for this organization?
Request administrator status and update its information!