Here's a sample of our volunteer opportunities:VIEW AS
Steel River Playhouse seeks to strengthen community, inspire creative exploration, educate, and entertain, through the presentation of quality performing arts events and education for diverse audiences.
We are part of a growing number of performing arts organizations creating a new paradigm for American theater. As a "gateway" theater promoting individual, audience, and community development through performing arts education and events. Steel River Playhouse is located in historic Pottstown, Pennsylvania and we are committed to its creative and economic revitalization.
- Comprehensive theater facilities: 250 seat black box theater; box office; administrative office space; 3 large classrooms/rehearsal rooms that convert to a "second stage," our Newberry Loft; 3 private instructional studios; conference room; warming kitchen; lower lobby area and audience restrooms; green room complex with 5 variously sized dressing rooms and 2 full bathrooms for performers; scene shop; prop room; costume shop; and light booth.
- Wide array of opportunities for audiences, artists, students, and volunteers of all ages interested in skill-building and personal development related to the performing arts.
- More than 90 diverse performances each year of musicals, comedies, dramas, concerts, and class presentations, including performances for the entire family.
- Growth opportunities for emerging and established artists.
- Comprehensive education programs during four sessions -- fall, winter,spring and a Summer Camp. Educational presentations for the public showcase students following each session.
- Our Academy also offers private lessons in voice, acting, piano, guitar, flute and trumpet, with recitals open to the public.
- More than 50 teaching artists, directors, designers, musicians, and staff engaged each year. A faculty recital takes place each March.
- Community outreach is part of our mission. We reach low-income regional audiences through:
- Free or reduced-rate classes for area youngsters and seniors;
- Low or no-cost admissions to concerts and theatrical presentations;
- Needs-based scholarships for youth
- Collaborations with schools and school districts including visiting
- artists and school presentations
- Complimentary study guides
- Serving almost 10,000 people - audiences, students, artists and volunteers annually.
Do you work for this organization?
Request administrator status and update its information!