Here's a sample of our volunteer opportunities:VIEW AS
The Young Women? s Leadership Corps is effective when program participants are able to develop fundamental decision-making and leadership skills and feel empowered to use them. Are goals are to have participants:
- Show improvement in their academic performance;
- Be aware of and involved in their schools, workplace and community;
- Set personal goals (i.e. develop academic and career goals)
Make healthy choices (i.e. regarding wellness, substance use, sexual activity and personal safety); and h ave enhanced self-worth.
Through your participation in the Young Women? s Leadership Corps you can benefit from:
- Fun, interactive educational sessions that promote skills building in areas such as self-image, healthy nutrition, personal safety, goal setting, how to prepare for college or a job, how to speak in effectively and other related topics.
- The opportunity to gain community service learning hours required for middle and high school graduation.
- Gaining a valuable extracurricular experience that will enhance on a job or college application.
- The opportunity to forge positive relationships with other young women from the Greater Hartford area communities.
- Program incentives (i.e. YWLC T-shirt, cap and button).
- One-year complimentary YWCA membership.
- The opportunity to develop fundamental decision-making and leadership skills through the participation of the Young Women? s Leadership Corps, Student Advisory Committee.
- Carmen Stanford
- 860 525 1163 ext 204
- Need admin access?
Do you work for this organization?
Request administrator status and update its information!