Here's a sample of our volunteer opportunities:VIEW AS
The mission of the Elmhurst History Museum is to engage people with history through thoughtful collection, enlightening exhibits, and diverse educational experiences.
The museum fills an essential role in the life of the community by revealing the quality of life in years past and providing a basis on which community pride can grow and endure. The museum fulfills its mission by:
- Presenting historical concepts and museum collections to the public through exhibits, educational programs, tours, and publications.
- Acquiring and caring for locally significant artifacts, records, documents, photographs, audio-visual materials, and publications related to Elmhurst history.
- Offering cultural, social, and learning opportunities related to the history and heritage of the regional community and the world at large.
- Providing research services to enable an understanding of local history and to make the museum’s collections available to the public.
- Maintaining two historically and architecturally significant buildings: the Glos Mansion and the Churchville Schoolhouse.