Here's a sample of our volunteer opportunities:VIEW AS
The Jefferson Performing Arts Society (JPAS) is a non-profit organization dedicated to cultural enrichment and arts education in Jefferson Parish and throughout the Gulf South. JPAS offers people of all ages the opportunity for personal growth and artistic expression through all aspects of the performing arts.
The Jefferson Performing Arts Society (JPAS) serves the state of Louisiana, several counties in Mississippi and communities throughout the Gulf South. Through its diverse programming and over 150 annual performances that include Grand Opera, Broadway Musicals, Symphonic and Choral Concerts, Children's Choirs, Louisiana Renaissance Festivals, Ballet and Modern Dance and distinguished guest artists of all genres from around the world, JPAS is a leader in cultural artistic enrichment in Louisiana.
A non-profit organization founded in 1978 by Dennis G. Assaf and Hannah Cunningham, JPAS is dedicated to the artistic and cultural enrichment of the Gulf South. Its mission is to support, produce and promote the performing arts in Jefferson and its surrounding areas.
JPAS's current affiliates and programs include:
- JPAS Symphony Orchestra
- JPAS Opera Theatre
- JPAS Theater Wing
- JPAS Broadway Pit Orchestra
- Annual Pasta & Puccini Gala Fundraiser
- JPAS Leading Ladies Guild
- The Jefferson Chorale - JPAS Symphony Chorus
- JPAS Children's Chorus and Youth Chorale
- JPAS' Arts Adventure Series for Students (AAS)
- Cultural Crossroads
- Stage Without A Theatre (SWAT).
- JPAS Theatre Kids!
- Youth Summer Musical Theatre Camps
JPAS currently operates 3 theatre spaces:
- Jefferson Performing Arts Center (East Jefferson High School Auditorium)
- Westwego Performing Arts Theatre
- Teatro Wego! Dinner Theatre
- Melinda Falgoust
- Need admin access?
Do you work for this organization?
Request administrator status and update its information!